Saturday, August 24, 2024

I Think I've Found My Reading Mojo Again!

I've been on a reading hiatus for a couple of weeks now. But I seem to be back on track as of today! With the reading momentum I experienced last month, I thought I'd just keep on cruising through the month of August. Especially considering the fact that I'd set aside the four books I wanted to read this month.

I'm currently reading two different books, both of which I am almost finished reading. So at least I should have them both read before the end of the month and (hopefully) reviewed as well.

What's everyone reading? 

What do you do during a reading hiatus or reading slump? I actually started crocheting earlier this month!! I've never crocheted before and am currently making a pair of single crochet, fingerless gloves using worsted weight, acrylic yarn. 

8 comments:

  1. I try to read something old that I loved and something new by an author I like, that usually brings me back on track. I just finished a few books that I wouldn't recommend. My last real favourite was The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese. Definitely worth a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the reading tips!! The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese oes sound like a good read.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. I hope this helps you next time you get into a slump.

      Delete
  2. I am a constant reader and the idea of a reading hiatus is actually kind of foreign to me. I just try to add variety to my reading list so that I don't get bored reading the same kind of thing over and over. I almost never reread books - there are just too many news ones out there waiting for me to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, in that you've never had a reading hiatus/slump!

      Delete
  3. Crocheting is fun...though I'm not very good at it. And when I hit a slump I find that if I can force myself to start a book and keep reading it for a few chapters I sometimes sink into the story and am able to keep going with it. Switching to nonfiction sometimes helps me, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just starting out with crocheting and am making my very first project! It's fun learning new skills... and yes, it's taking time for me to improve my crochet skills too.

      Great tips to move through a reading slump! Happy reading!

      Delete