Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday -- Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf From Before I Started Blogging That I STILL Haven't Read Yet!!



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Here are my top ten books in no particular order of importance:


1. Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl
2. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
3. Riven Rock by T. C. Boyle
4. The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood
5. Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
7. The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner
8. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
9. The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill by Mark Bittner
10.
Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron

21 comments:

  1. "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" is a must-read! And the second book is even better. I had a hard time getting into the final book, but my husband and I watched all the Swedish movies (very well-done) so I still got to find out what happened.

    I read "The Historian" years ago, pre-blogging. I remember it being a bit slow and verbose, but I know I enjoyed it overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! All totally new to me ones here!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Cold Blood is a must-read! It's actually my go-to book recommendation for pretty much everyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, I've also meant to read In Cold Blood for ages. Maybe one day... I quite liked The Year of the Flood, though I don't think it's as good as Oryx and Crake.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Historian and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo are two books I really want to get to at some point. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Girls with the Dragon Tattoo is a fantastic read (the whole series is, actually) and I also really loved Cutting for Stone and In Cold Blood. Great list so I hope you'll get to some of them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read all of these except #3! I wouldn't miss Cold Blood. All the others, I think, are good but not unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (once I got past the first 30 pages) and In Cold Blood is one I can't believe I haven't read yet. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Historian is great! I hated The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I'm probably the only one. I've had a copy of In Cold Blood on my shelf for years now, so it probably should have made my list this week too. :)

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these, but I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these books. I do hope you like them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really interesting list! The only thing I've even attempted is the Capote, and although it was really interesting and well-written, it was a pretty tough read. I hope you have more luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read Cutting for Stone and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I liked, but didn't love, both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any of these but I've heard that In Cold Blood is really great. Hope you will be reading these books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quite a wide variety on your list. I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the rest of the trilogy and really, really enjoyed it even though it was far outside my usual genre.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've tried to read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo many times but never get very far into it. It's just such a heavy book and I'm never in the right head space for it! :( I hope you get round to reading these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been eyeing The Girl With The Dragon for so long. Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read any of these, but I've always been interested in The Historian! I hope you love them all! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a lot of Atwood on my TBR right now! She's brilliant, but her books are always so large that I always talk myself out of them in favor for smaller books!
    Thanks for stopping by The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of your list, I'm only familiar with (but haven't read) "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." Thanks for dropping by my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice list! I loved The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo :)

    ReplyDelete