Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Finds #69


Friday Finds is a book meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Friday Finds is a chance to share and show off the books you discovered during the week and would like to add to your reading list...

Or a place to simply feature the books you've actually purchased throughout the week and have added to your to be read pile!

Well, I was lucky enough to receive a couple of books from other Bookcrossers as follows:

1. Crusader's Cross by James Lee Burke

2. The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher by Hilary Mantel

Plus, I also received two additional free books, which I won through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway as follows:

1. The First Wife by Erica Spindler (ARC)

2. The Secret Wisdom of the Earth by Christopher Scotton

My goal this year was to not buying books for myself or download and free ebooks from Amazon to my Kindle. But after a month of adhering to my New Year's Resolution, I  broke down and purchased three books:

1. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (Audible edition)

2. The Faith of a Writer: Life, Craft, Art by Joyce Carol Oates (Nonfiction hardback used edition)

3. The Scent of God by Beryl Singleton Bissell (Nonfiction hardback used edition)

I am going to a couple of author events/book signings later this month... So, I have the strong feeling that I will be adding more books to my ever growing 'to be read' pile.

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! Haha, it's hard to stop yourself from buying books because the temptations are so hard to resist! The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher is on my wishlist. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the temptation is so difficult to resist when it comes to buying books when you're an avid reading and book lover!!

      Delete