Life's A Beach Then You Die by Falafel Jones caught my attention for the following three reasons.
1) The book was a FREE eBook I could download to my eReader.
2) The plot summary sounded intriguing enough to capture my attention.
3) Falafel Jones is a new author to me. I'm always on the look out for new writing talent to add to my reading repertoire.
I really enjoyed reading 'Life's A Beach Then You Die' more than I thought I would... I wasn't expecting much from a free eBook by an unknown author, but I really enjoyed reading this mystery novel for the most part.
The Pros are as follows:
- Likable lead character
- Good characters throughout the story
- Nice plot/well told story
- Good twists and turns to keep the reader interested
- Didn't guess the killer until near the end of the novel
The Cons are as follows:
- Novel needs some minor editing work
- Sometimes too much detail is given... Do I really need to know what the lead character ate during a meal?? Especially if it isn't an important part of the story??
Otherwise, I found 'Life's A Beach Then You Die' a good read!
I look forward to reading 'The Kewpie Killer' also written by Falafel Jones sometime in the future.