Monday, November 18, 2013

Kiki Lowenstein and the Cupcake Caper by Joanna Campbell Slan

Last year, I read Joanna Campbell Slan's novel Cut, Crop & Die, which is a Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-N-Craft Mystery novel. I really enjoyed reading Cut, Crop & Die as I love cozy mystery novels and enjoy scrapbooking myself. So, Cut, Crop & Die appealed to me for this reason.

When I recently came across the free eBook version of Kiki Lowenstein and the Cupcake Caper by Joanna Campbell Slan on Amazon, I couldn't wait to download it and read it as soon as possible! Kiki Lowenstein and the Cupcake Caper is a novella.

For me personally, Kiki Lowenstein and the Cupcake Caper wasn't a huge hit. I prefer the full length novels featuring Kiki Lowenstein verses the short stories or novellas. I feel like the short stories and novellas, don't contain as much substance as the full length novels. 

I'm giving Kiki Lowenstein and the Cupcake Caper a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars. 

The pros:

* Fast, fun read
* Cozy mystery
* Fun characters
* More insight on the lives of other characters
* Happy ending
* A craft project & homemade doggie treat recipe at the end

The cons:

* Typos. This novella needs editing work.
* Story was too short in length.
* Wish the sneak peak of next read was left out

In the future, I'll continue reading the full length novels featuring Ms. Lowenstein and skip the novellas and short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment