Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler

The V-Day Edition
As a woman, I've been curious about the The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler, which won an Obie Award for Best New Play. I've heard about The Vagina Monologues being performed across the nation and around the world, but I've never seen a performance to date. 

So, I did the next best thing and read The Vagina Monologues: The V-Day Edition! Now I want to see a live performance of the The Vagina Monologues after reading it.

I thought The Vagina Monologues made for an interesting read. "Hair" and "I Was In The Room" were a couple of my favorite monologues. The Vagina Monologues are about women getting in touch with their inner selves on many levels.

I especially enjoyed reading Gloria Steinem's foreword as well as Eve Ensler's introduction in the V-Day Edition of The Vagina Monologues. I also enjoyed reading about the V-Day movement, which is a global movement to end violence against women and girls. 

Below is a performance of "Hair"... Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment