Thursday, August 2, 2012

I've Been Decluttering My Reading List!!

It's been a week since I've read and posted an article here on my blog titled Declutter the Reading List. This article really struck a cord with me. Since then, I've gone through my Mount Everest sized stack of books to be read and downsized my reading list! I passed along 33 books last month and have another 17 books set aside to be passed along shortly. It feels good to have scaled down my reading list as I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of books I had waiting to be read.  

Don't get me wrong, I love being surrounded by books. However, there were plenty of books I had been given that I didn't have the desire/interest to read. Or books I had picked up for myself that I was no longer interested in reading as tastes change over time. So, it was time to move these books along and keep only those I want to read. 

I still have a boat load of books to read, so I'll be focusing on reading more of these books first before buying anymore books for myself. It's been easy to buy books for 50 cents to 2 dollars at our local Friends of the Library Used Bookstore in town as the books are inexpensive and the money helps support local libraries... But, I need to be more selective about my reading choices to avoid an out of control reading list!

No comments:

Post a Comment