Thursday, February 9, 2012

Grayson by Lynne Cox


I recently finished reading Grayson by Lynne Cox and found this nonfiction book to be a very magical tale of a chance encounter between a 17 year old, long distance swimmer and a baby gray whale off the coast of Seal Beach, California. This encounter stayed with the author her entire life and it's a tale I am sure not soon to forget myself!

I am impressed not only with Lynne Cox's swimming prowess, but also her unique & engaging storytelling as she recounts her encounter with Grayson, the name she gives the baby gray whale. I especially loved Lynne's positive attitude throughout this book and can see why she has become the successful woman and swimmer that she has become today.

I know it is still early in the year, but so far, Grayson has been the best book I've read so far this year! Grayson is a short, fast & engaging read. If you're an animal lover, are fond of great storytelling and enjoy the nonfiction genre, then this may be the next book for you to read!

I'm giving Grayson a rating of 10 stars out of 10 stars. Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments: