Friday, February 24, 2012

Women Wine & Words Book Club

I am a woman and even though I'm not a wine drinker, I do love to read & discuss books with other avid readers. I recently discovered that a local bookstore here in Carpinteria called The Curious Cup Bookstore, hosts a monthly book club called Women Wine & Words on the 4th Thursday of each month at 7pm. The Women Wine Words Book Club meets promptly for refreshments, socializing & to discuss the book of the month. 

This month the novel, Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay, was chosen to be read & discussed by book club members. What a phenomenal book!! Sarah's Key is well worth the read despite the sad topic... I found myself crying at some of the events/scenes described in this novel. I wrote about my thoughts pertaining to Sarah's Key & posted them to my blog yesterday if you'd like to read more details about my thoughts on the novel.

Yesterday evening, twelve women attended the Women Wine & Words Book Club meeting. The discussion of Sarah's Key amongst book club members was lively and engaging. I really enjoyed listening to everyone's thoughts on this novel and sharing my own thoughts as well.  It was my 1st time attending the Women Wine & Words Book Club & I really enjoyed discussing Sarah's Key with this group of ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment