Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite Books and Least Favorite Books of 2023

 

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

The following are my favorite reads for 2023 in no particular order:

1. Vaccinated: From Cowpox to Mrna, the Remarkable Story of Vaccines by Paul A. Offit
2. Zapped: From Infrared to X-rays, the Curious History of Invisible Light by Bob Berman
3. Dear America: Notes of an Undocumented Citizen by Jose Antonio Vargas
4. Crap Taxidermy by Kat Su
5. The History of the Bible: Explore 2,000 Years of Biblical Interpretation and Cultural Impact by David Zachariah Flanagin
6. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
7. City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson
8. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty
9. Quintessentially: The One by Aleatha Romig
10. The Coroner's Lunch by Colin Cotterill

The following are my least favorite reads for 2023 in no particular order:

1. The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin
2. The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey
3. The Guest List by Lucy Foley
4. Rose Gold by Walter Mosley
5. Funny Bunnies by Ann Omasta
6. Cari Mora by Thomas Harris
7. Star Spangled Scandal: Sex, Murder, and the Trial that Changed America by Chris DeRose
8. Moon Marked Trilogy by Aimee Easterling
9. In Amundsen's Tent by John Martin Leahy
10. The Walled Garden by Robin Farrar Maass

Have you read any of the books I've listed in my post? What did you think of the ones you did read?

6 comments:

  1. It was fun to compare your loves and hates. Thanks for sharing both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to read CRAP TAXIDERMY for a while now. I'm so glad you loved it! Happy 2024!

    https://jennielyse.com/top-ten-tuesday-43/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one of these that I've read from either of your lists is The Rowan, but it was years and years ago, and I don't remember that much about it. So it must not have been that memorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The History of the Bible sounds interesting. Good to know about The Guest List since I was gonna get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm fascinated by diseases, pandemics, etc. so I definitely need to read VACCINATED. It sounds super interesting. I'd never heard of it before, so thanks for the heads-up!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. It's fascinating. I hope you have a great 2024!

    ReplyDelete