Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Bout of Books 23 Day 2 Recap and Day 3 Challenge!


Yesterday, I finished reading Turtles All The Way Down by John Green. I really enjoyed this young adult novel! Click on my link above to read my review of it.

Not sure which book I'll be reading next... So many choices! I'll keep you posted.


Bout of Books 23, Day 3 Challenge

Literary Villain

Who are your favorite literary bad guys? Can be a villain, a not-so-good-guy, or anti-hero.

I pick Cathy Ames from East of Eden by John Steinbeck
as my favorite literary villain.

Wikipedia sums up Cathy Ames:

"Cathy Ames, later known as Kate Trask or Kate Albey, is a fictional character and the main antagonist in John Steinbeck's novel East of Eden. She is the wife of main protagonist Adam Trask, and the mother of his twin sons, Caleb and Aron. Beneath her charming, attractive facade, she is an evil woman who manipulates and destroys people for her own amusement and profit. Steinbeck characterizes her as a 'psychic monster' with a 'malformed soul'"

Who is your favorite literary villain?

No comments:

Post a Comment