Monday, July 31, 2017

2017 High Summer Readathon Wrap Up Post

I had loads of fun participating in the 2017 High Summer Readathon! I was able to accomplish a lot of reading during this annual two week event held by Seasons of Reading.

I finished two reads that I had begun reading prior to the start of the 2017 High Summer Readathon as follows:

1. Journal of a Novel: The East of Eden Letters by John Steinbeck
2. The Dead of Sanguine Night by Travis Simmons


I had a total of 100 pages combined from both books left to read and was happy to have finished them both during the 2017 High Summer Readathon.

Additionally, I started and finished four books during the 2017 High Summer Readathon as follows:

1. Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan
2. Smiles To Go by Jerry Spinelli
3. The Vegetarian by Han Kang
4. Walking On Eggshells by Lyssa Chapman

I also started an unabridged audiobook book titled, The People We Hate at the Wedding by Grant Ginder. I had listened to 66% of this audiobook by the time the 2017 High Summer Readathon ended last night. I look forward to finishing this audiobook in the next day or two. 

So, be on the look out for a book review coming soon for The People We Hate at the Wedding by Grant Ginder!

8 comments:

  1. I love that title, The People We Hate at the Wedding! I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on it.

    By the way, awesome job with your reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The People We Hate at the Wedding has been an interesting audiobook so far... Dysfunctional family drama at it's finest!

      Delete
  2. Impressive reading list. Did you have a favorite among them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the following two books very much: The Vegetarian by Han Kang and A Journal of a Novel by John Steinbeck.

      Delete
  3. You did great! Thanks so much for joining us. I hope you did enjoy it. I do hope you will join us for FrightFall in October. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I enjoyed participating in the 2017 High Summer Readathon.

      Delete