Thursday, January 30, 2014

Humble Audiobook Bundle

Calling all audiobook fans!! I read a LA Times article last night titled Humble Bundle -- the pay-what-you-like site -- tries audiobooks by Carolyn Kellogg. In the article, Kellogg writes the following:
Humble Bundle is one of those websites trying to make optimal use of our digital world. It combines downloads with a pay-what-you-like system that funnels money to charity. And for the first time, it's trying its hand at audiobooks.

For the first time, it's giving audiobooks a shot. Currently mid-campaign, it's recently added six audiobooks to the initial five. All are available in MP3 format, DRM-free.


What's in the bundle? Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian," Dave Eggers' "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius," "The Satanic Verses" by Salman Rushdie, bestselling novelist Meg Cabot's "Abandon" and William S. Burroughs' "Junky." The set includes Grace Krilanovich's "The Orange Eats Creeps," published by indie Two Dollar Radio, and "True Grit" being read by novelist Donna Tartt.
I've become quite an audiobook addict in the past year.... So, curiosity got the better of me and I had to checkout the Humble Audiobook Bundle website for myself. I decided to go for it and buy the audiobooks! I like the 'set your own price' concept, along with the fact that you can pay using Paypal. I also like that part of the funds help charity. Plus, the audiobooks are DRM-Free and that every audiobook is provided as an MP3 file! I now have 11 new audiobooks to listen to.... How exciting!

Until my next post, happy reading!! Or should I say happy listening?? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment