Sunday, September 1, 2013

I Read Banned Books!! Do You?

2013 Banned Books Week occurs September 22nd through September 28th. On the Banned Books Week website, I discovered on their About page the following information:
Banned Books Week is the national book community's annual celebration of the freedom to read. Hundreds of libraries and bookstores around the country draw attention to the problem of censorship by mounting displays of challenged books and hosting a variety of events.
I read banned books year round, but I like to make an extra special effort of reading a banned book during Banned Books Week. 

Help me celebrate the freedom to read what we want to read by reading a banned or challenged book during Banned Books Week!! I'm choosing to reread Maya Angelou's 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings'. What will you be reading this year during Banned Books Week?

No comments:

Post a Comment