Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Finds #9

Friday Finds is a book meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading

Friday Finds is a chance to share and show off the books you discovered during the week and would like to add to your reading list... 

Or a place to simply feature the books you've actually purchased throughout the week and have added to your to be read pile!

Earlier this week, I visited The Book Den bookstore in downtown Santa Barbara, California. I specifically visited The Book Den to purchase a book titled Pearl Chase First Lady of Santa Barbara by Cheri Rae. 

I'd learned of Ms. Rae's new book about Pearl Chase through The Book Den's Facebook page. I'm familiar with Pearl Chase's name, having lived near Santa Barbara for the past 15 years, but do not know much about her life. Nor much about Pearl Chase's impact on the community of Santa Barbara. 

I enjoy learning about local history, so I'm look forward to reading Cheri Rae's book Pearl Chase First Lady of Santa Barbara. It's small, short book to read, so I'm sure I can read it in a day and blog about it soon!

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment