Wednesday, September 12, 2012

BBAW 2012 Day 3: What does book blogging mean to me?

 Welcome to day three of Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2012! 

What does blogging mean to me? For me, blogging primarily means the following three things. 

1) Blogging is a way for me to connect with other readers and book lovers alike. I've really enjoyed connecting with other readers and bloggers. :-)

2) Blogging is a way for me to be creative and write reviews about the books I've read, the independent bookstores I've visited, and any other book related topics I find relevant for discussing on my book blog.

3) Blogging is a way for me to learn new things! Boy, have I learned a lot of new things in the 8+ months since I begun blogging about books! The following is just a small sampling of what I discovered this year.

I've discovered some great book websites like Shelf Awareness and Free Little Library.

I've learned about and participated in World Book Night. This event was a blast to take part in! In fact, I plan to be a book giver for World Book Night 2013.

Free Comic Book Day, which falls each year in May, was also another new event for me and one I enjoyed attending earlier this year.

I've also paid closer attention to newsworthy items regarding the latest books and authors to win literary prizes as well as read about many other book related newsworthy items as the year has unfolded.

I've also visited more independent bookstores this year and blogged about my experience at each brick and mortar store.

4 comments:

  1. There's a few things you've mentioned that we don't have here in Australia... well, not as strongly. So, this is why I wrote a descriptive piece about my love of blogging the way I did. Yours is just as wonderful and I love the links in it; they make your post so much better! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you wrote for BBAW Day 3 was lovely too! I'm glad you enjoyed the links in this post. :-) I wanted to make it easier for folks to find out about the things I mentioned in mt post.

      Delete
  2. I've learned so much from blogging as well! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that BBAW 2012 is almost over with, I look forward to next year's BBAW!!

      Delete