Friday, July 13, 2012

Reading Journal For Book Lovers

I just received the Reading Journal For Book Lovers, that you see to your left, in the mail today. It is a gift I purchased for myself to record my thoughts about the books I read.

The Reading Journal For Book Lovers is a 160 page hardback book with the following dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 7 inches.

This particular reading journal allows one to record the following information about each book that one reads: 

Title 
Author
Date Published
Date you started & finished reading a book 
Category (fiction, nonfiction, etc.) 
Rate the book based on a scale  of 1 through 5 

A section to record your thoughts about the book you've just read. There is also an area to record favorite quotes from books. Plus a reading tree where you track how reading one book influenced you to read another book. There are several pages devoted to such topics as which authors have influenced you the most and also an area to record your favorite authors, favorite books, favorite places to read, favorite genres and so much more!

What an exciting little book!! I am so looking forward to using it in the near future.

Do you keep a reading journal? If so, what kinds of things do you record in your reading journal?

2 comments:

  1. That is SO cool! I have a journal of sorts where I keep my reading list of books. It's journal my Mum bought me from The Rockies while Dad and her traveled around the USA and Canada. And seeing it traveled so far to be with me - and it's not as traditionally thick as most of my journals I use to write in normally - I thought to make sure it lasts a long time. So, I turned it into my record of reading.
    At first, Mum was a little disappointed, but now, she can see why I wanted to do this; so its use never runs out... as I only use around 3 pages of it per year to note down the books I read each year and whether or not they're Bookcrossing books or if I've finished them; and I also add in which months I've read them in so I can keep track of how many books I can read in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cover art on that journal!

    No, I don't keep a journal, except online (Bookcrossing).

    ReplyDelete