I came across the audio version of Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story by Kevin Noble Maillard via Hoopla. I like eating Indian fry bread, although I haven't eaten it in years. I also want to learn more about Native American Culture. Because of this, I chose to listen to Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story by Kevin Noble Maillard.
Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story is a children's book published in 2019 and it has numerous accolades including the Winner of the 2020 Robert F. Sibert Medal, Publishers Weekly Best Picture Book of 2019, Kirkus Reviews Best Picture Book of 2019, and NPR's 100 Favorite Books for Young Readers.
Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story has been challenged as well as had controversies.
I really enjoyed listening to the audio version of Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story, which is nicely narrated by the author. My only complaint about listening to the audio version of this book is that the reader misses out on viewing the illustrations found within the physical book.
For being an illustrated children's book, Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story is filled with plenty of information about fry bread and also about Native American history. I learned that the Navajo tribe was the first to make fry bread over 150 years ago. There are also several different recipes for fry bread, which I thought was interesting as I only thought there was one universal recipe. The author even included his own recipe for fry bread and how to make it. Additionally, I learned that there are 573 federally recognized tribes here in the USA and 67 state recognized tribes. There was plenty of other information within Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story that I found informative too.
I am giving Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story by Kevin Noble Maillard a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.
Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:
Post a Comment