I'm feeling rather nostalgic right now! My husband and I lived in the small coastal town of Carpinteria, California for almost 16 years. Carpinteria located approximately halfway between Ventura, California and Santa Barbara, California.
We loved living Carpinteria. I truly miss living there. For such a small town, it packed a punch in terms of things to do. Carpinteria has plenty of eateries, a weekly farmers market, an annual avocado festival, a seal rookery, several parks, a campground, a salt marsh, a history museum, a community center, a rose farm, nurseries galore, and the world's safest beaches (no riptides supposedly).
I use to shop at the local FOL Used Bookstore all the time when we lived in Carpinteria. It is a stand alone bookstore right next to the public library. The FOL Used Bookstore was always well stocked with books for sale costing no more than $2 per book. Some books were a lot less.
During our trip to Santa Barbara last week, we drove down to Carpinteria to see what changes have occurred since we left the area 12 years ago. We also revisited the FOL Used Bookstore while we were in town. I purchased up four books for six dollars. I'm glad to see the FOL Used Bookstore is still around and thriving. So much has changed in Carpinteria since we moved away in 2014.
I first made a post about the FOL Used Bookstore in Carpinteria back in January 2012 when I first began blogging! Click here to see my original post!


No comments:
Post a Comment