Thursday, June 8, 2023

D. G. Wills Books in La Jolla, California

 

I was recently in the San Diego area visiting my parents for two weeks. We made a quick visit to La Jolla during my stay. Downtown La Jolla during the lunch hour on weekdays is hectic and parking can be difficult at times. We found a 15 minute parking spot and took it. 


I noticed an independent bookstore across the street from where we parked called D. G. Wills Books. So, I decided to walk over to take a quick peek. Wow, what a great find! D. G. Wills Books has an outdoor book section where used books are sold for a dollar each as well as an indoor section filled with both new and used books for sale. 


Due to the parking time constraint, I was only able to peruse the outdoor book space for about 5-7 minutes before hastily choosing two used children's books for the grand total of $2. 

Needless to say, I never set foot inside this bookstore because the limited time we had for parking. I did have a brief look at the interior bookstore space through the open front door and the interior space looked amazing! I will have to come back to D. G. Wills Books for a longer visit in the future.

Briefly visiting D. G. Wills Books last month was the first time I've actually visited a bookstore in person since the pandemic began! I've essentially purchased all of my books online or exchanged books at Little Free Libraries since January 1, 2020 onward until visiting D. G. Wills Books. It's amazing that it has been so long since I visited a bookstore in person!

D. G. Wills Books also has a YouTube channel, which I will have to check out as well!

2 comments:

  1. What a great bookstore! I'd love to spend an hour or two browsing their shelves. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This bookstore was definitely a fun visit for me. I look forward to returning for a longer visit.

      Delete