Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday - Reasons Why I Love Reading


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Below are my top ten reasons I love to read!!

1. I love reading because it's so much fun to read!!

2. I love reading as it a great way to unwind/relax the mind and relieve stress.

3. I love reading as it helps me learn new things.

4. I love reading as a form of entertainment.

5. I love reading as a way to build empathy and gain new insight/perspective/knowledge of the world in which we live and those around us.

6. I love reading as a way to learn we aren't alone... that others share our same journey/experiences.

7. I love reading as it helps inspire us to grow, dream, hope, and become much bigger than we currently are. 

8. I love reading as it is portable and helps pass the time while commuting, waiting for appointments, etc.

9. I love reading in order to visit new/different realities.

10. I love reading as it helps improve/build ones vocabulary.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally agree with all of that. My TTT leads me to many different countries, that's what I love most about reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice reasons! I agree with these too! This was so hard to think of after a few reasons, but after seeing others I was like oh yeah! Lol.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to all of those reasons. I love traveling around the world and meeting fascinating people who have much to teach me while never leaving my armchair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 & 6 are so interesting because they seem like opposite reasons, but they're really not. We read to learn about others but also to understand ourselves more and feel seen/heard.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to all of these! I completely agree. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful reasons to read!

    Here is my TTT post: https://readbakecreate.com/?p=468

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourites on your list are #1,2,3, and 4!
    Here's my list!

    ReplyDelete