Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The Committed: Viet Thanh Nguyen on Betrayal & Belonging. Viet Thanh Nguyen In Conversation with Laila Lalami.

 
Yesterday was the release date for Viet Thanh Nguyen's new novel, The Committed, which is the sequel to The Sympathizer.

I am very interested in reading both The Sympathizer & The Committed by Viet Thanh Nguyen. I watched a live virtual author event last night hosted by the Bay Area Book Festival featuring Viet Thanh Nguyen in conversation with Laila Lalami from 7-8pm Pacific Time. I really enjoyed listening to this author event and learning more about The Committed and why Viet Thanh Nguyen chose to write a sequel to The Sympathizer among many other topics discussed!

I look forward to receiving an autographed copy of The Committed in the mail shortly!

4 comments:

  1. I just got the new book after greatly enjoying the first one. I'll be reading the new one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading your review of The Committed.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to reading this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to read your review of The Committed!!

      Delete