Tuesday, October 22, 2019

My Top Ten Favorite Nonfiction Books About Animals

I enjoy reading nonfiction books about animals. Below are ten books I've really enjoyed reading about animals in recent years.

1. Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior by Temple Grandin
2. Alex & Me: How a Scientist and a Parrot Discovered a Hidden World of Animal Intelligence—and Formed a Deep Bond in the Process by Irene M. Pepperberg
3. Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl by Stacey O'Brien
4. An Eagle Named Freedom: My True Story of a Remarkable Friendship by Jeff Guidry
5. Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean by Jackson Galaxy
6. Grayson by Lynne Cox
7. Pack of Two: The Intricate Bond Between People and Dogs by Caroline Knapp
8 The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony
9. The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill: A Love Story . . . with Wings by Mark Bittner
10. Making the Rounds with Oscar: The Inspirational Story of a Doctor, His Patients and a Very Special Cat by Dr. David Dosa

Please share with me a few of your favorite nonfiction books about animals in the comment section below as I'm always on the look out for good books!!

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to think if I have ever read a nonfiction book about animals. I have seen the movie about Temple Grandin. Perhaps I will try one of your Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love animals!! I still have a few nonfiction books about animals in my 'to be read' pile waiting to be read.

      I saw the Temple Grandin movie starring Claire Danes and enjoyed it.

      Delete