Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tackle Your TBR Read-A-Thon ~~ Wrap Up Post!!


Well, the Tackle Your TBR Read-A-Thon has officially come and gone!! I had fun with this read-a-thon. I did a lot of reading, which was wonderful, but I veered of course and read some novellas and short stories that weren't on my original list of books I wanted to read during this read-a-thon.... But that's okay, right?? As long as I completed reading books along the way, then life is good in my book!

Here's a list of what I read as follows:

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (novel)
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (audio dramatization)
Her Mad Hatter by Marie Hall (novella)
Snow Dance by Alice & Roy Street (short story)
Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne (novella)
Larger Than Life by Jodi Picoult (novella)
The Jester by Michael J. Sullivan (short story)

I am completely behind on writing reviews of what I've recently read. I now feel like I now need to participate in a mini "book review write-a-thon"!! The crazy part is I normally enjoy writing brief book reviews of what I've read. But for some reason, I have simply not felt up to doing so this past week... Nothing like a writing slump!

I will state for the record that Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and Larger Than Life by Jodi Picoult were my favorite reads during the Tackle Your TBR Read-A-Thon. Which books did you MOST enjoy reading?

10 comments:

  1. My most enjoyed book that I read for this read-a-thon? Damn that's hard. I reread the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, which I love and was fantastic to revisit - but also the first Alcatraz book by Brandon Sanderson. And Revolver and Marcus Sedgwick. I read quite a few good books this week.

    You did great! I've been meaning to read Speak and Neverwhere for years now and haven't gotten to either of them. I'm also behind on reviews again, way behind, ah well I'll catch up eventually (maybe?). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I think I most enjoyed Unwritten, Beneath the Scars, and Blood of my Blood. Those I think were the best ones, but all of em were okay, a few were like AGH why did I read that. but for the most part I liked my books I read

    Here's my wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best would have to be True Calling by Siobhan Davis. Another winner for my bookshelves! Congrats on getting a lot of reading done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked Speak! I really liked that one. :) My favorite book from the read-a-thon was I'll Give You the Sun. It was so, SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you loved Speak one of my favs. my fav was probably Blue Crush or A Broken Us. You did great congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Short stories/novellas definitely still count. :) You did great! I did like quite a few of my books. I would say my fav's were Reign of Shadows, Remember Me, Champion, and Rewind to You. Yep. I had trouble picking just one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for posting to my blog today!! It sounds like everyone had a great time during the rea-a-thon. I enjoyed reading which books were your favorite reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely think that read-a-thons should have a follow up write-a-thon for reviews! Something to motivate us to get them done asap! I always get so behind on reviews!
    I'd have to say my favorite reads were 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' (because it was a blast! Roald Dahl's books are always so fun to read!) and 'Scarlet' by Marissa Meyer (even though I haven't finished it yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked Passion Blue and Color Song by Victoria Strauss, which I finished during the readathon.

    Writing reviews is always the hard part! http://www.thebookvixen.com/ has a monthly review-a-thon that might help you out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip about the review-a-thon. I'll have to check it out.

      Delete