Friday, October 14, 2022

Horror Themed Reads to Gear Up For Halloween!!

I'm not a huge fan of the horror genre. Nor have I been a fan of Halloween since childhood. However, for whatever reason, I kind of find it fun to read a few horror themed books or short stories during the month of October in order to celebrate the changing of the season... And it's also fun to prepare myself for the upcoming holiday season that occurs through the end of each year.

So, far I have listened to two short stories written by Edgar Allan Poe for free on YouTube, 'The Fall of the House of Usher' and 'The Black Cat'.

Both short stories were spooky and pleasant to listen to, especially if you are an Edgar Allan Poe fan and want a quick read. Below are the video links for both short stories mentioned above should you care to listen to one or both of them.



Additionally, I listened to the unabridged audio version of The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan in the past couple of months. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would as I am normally not a werewolf fan. The Last Werewolf is the first novel in a trilogy and I am contemplating read the rest of the trilogy. Below is a video of the author, Glen Duncan, discussing The Last Werewolf.


I am currently listening to the unabridged audio version of Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie and narrated by Hugh Fraser for free through YouTube, which is excellent so far. Hugh Fraser is an excellent narrator.

Below is the YouTube video/audio version of Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie should you care to listen to it.


After listening to Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie, I will be listening to the unabridged audio version of The Chalk Man by C. J Box for the Chirp Mystery/Thriller Virtual Book Club on October 31st at 9am Pacific Time. 

Below is a book trailer for The Chalk Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment