Thursday, March 21, 2019

Happy National Poetry Day!!

In honor of National Poetry Day, I've decided to highlight the day with some poetry by Adrienne Rich.

The below quote about Adrienne Rich comes from Wikipedia:
Adrienne Cecile Rich (/ædriːɛn/;[lacks stress] May 16, 1929 – March 27, 2012) was an American poet, essayist and feminist. She was called "one of the most widely read and influential poets of the second half of the 20th century",[1][2]and was credited with bringing "the oppression of women and lesbians to the forefront of poetic discourse."[3]
Below are two of my favorite poems written and read by Adrienne Rich. The poems make me stop and think about the message that Adrienne Rich is imparting to readers. 




Power by Adrienne Rich


Diving Into The Wreck by Adrienne Rich


What do you think of these poems?
Let me know in the comment section below.

2 comments:

  1. Adrienne Rich is a poet I plan to read soon. Thanks for the poems.

    ReplyDelete