Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Four Books That Awakened the Travel Bug In Me!




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

1. A House in Fez: Building a Life in the Ancient Heart of Morocco by Susanna Clarke ~ I now want to visit Morocco, a country I'd never thought about visiting prior to reading this book.
2. Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas ~ Okay, I love pastries, desserts, coffee, and tea... So making a culinary trip to Paris to see the major destinations + food destinations, sounds awesome to me. I can't imagine how much weight I'd gain there if I ate all the food Amy Thomas discusses in her memoir.
3. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert ~ Let's be clear here, I didn't like Eat Pray Love very much, but this book did make me want to visit all the countries Elizabeth Gilbert visited. Wouldn't be wonderful to take a year off from life and just travel the world to find oneself??
4. Tea & Bee's Milk: Our Year In A Turkish Village by Karen & Ray Gilden ~ I now also want to visit Turkey, another country I'd never thought about visiting prior to reading this book.

14 comments:

  1. Nice! These are all new to me ones!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

      Delete
  2. My boss spent several years in Morocco with the Peace Corps. From his stories, I want to go now, too!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  3. Right now I am reading a Mary Stewart mystery set in Corfu, Greece. She is making me want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greece would definitely be a top destination to visit!! Have fun reading your mystery novel. :-)

      Delete
  4. Yes, to Eat, Pray, Love, every place she visited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed!! Happy reading and thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

      Delete
  5. Eat, Pray, Love is definitely one, which made me want to travel, and eat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leave me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  6. This is going to sound funny but Morocco always appealed to me after going to the pavilion for that country at Epcot, lol. And Paris! Oh and I thought the same thing with Eat Pray Love- I didn't read the book but I saw the movie, and I was like- can I travel the world to find myself? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The move version of Eat Pray Love is so much better than the book!! I agree with you though in that I'd love to travel the world to find myself.

      Delete
  7. Morocco would be such an interesting place to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment

      Delete