Tuesday, May 7, 2013

S is For Silence by Sue Grafton

Abridged Audio Version
I must admit that I haven't read all of Sue Grafton's published novels in her 'alphabet series' featuring private investigator, Kinsey Millhone.... Let alone read the novels in chronological order. 

However, I will gladly add that I've really enjoyed reading the novels I've read in the 'alphabet series' thus far. 

My latest read, has been listening to the abridged version of S is For Silence by Sue Grafton and read by Judy Kaye.  

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to 'S is For Silence', even if it is the abridged version. The storyline is captivating and keeps you guessing to the very end as to whodunnit

I also enjoyed the well developed cast of characters in this novel as well. Kinsey Millhone is one of my favorite female sleuths... She's one tough cookie and is realistically portrayed as a believable private investigator. 

I'm also impressed at how well Sue Grafton is able to keep the
'alphabet series' fresh and exciting for her avid fans and readers alike. You know it's gotta be tough to keep one's novels exciting after writing twenty-three books in the 'alphabet series' to date (W is For Wasted will be released later this year in September and is the 23rd book in the 'alphabet series')!

I would also like to compliment Judy Kaye for doing such a lovely job reading 'S is For Silence'. Her performance as a dramatic reader for 'S is For Silence', put another dimension to this novel which really made the characters and storyline stand out.

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment