Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What have you found within the pages of used books?

I frequently buy used books from our local Friends of the Library Used Bookstore and many other used bookstores around town.

Most of the time I don't find anything unusual within the pages of the used books I purchase, but every so often I find remnants left behind by the previous owner of the book.

I've found bookmarks, business cards, photographs, receipts, recipes, handwritten notes, inscriptions, grocery/to do lists and even a $2 bill to name a few of the things I've discovered between the pages of used books I've purchased.

What are some of the unique items you've discovered within the pages of used books you've purchased?

2 comments:

  1. I've found feathers from crows, a bookmark wrapped in paper (the bookmark as a lovely little Christian one forgotten by the last owner) and one time I found a polaroid photo of somebody bungie jumping in Kuranda in Far North Queensland. It was a guy in a pair of boxer shorts with red love hearts all over them... the photo was taken from the top of the bungie and he was about halfway down; very interesting. My older brother thought it was the most interesting photo he'd seen in a long time; but it wasn't him. :P

    I've also gotten books with signatures inside them from the author as well as loving writings from family and friends for another person's birthday. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the polaroid picture description, lol!! A guy bungee jumping in boxers with red hearts on them is pretty bold! Must have been quite a sight.

      It's kinds of funny the secret lives of other people. I sometimes wonder what people do by themselves when no one's looking, especially when its someone I'm only acquainted with me.

      Delete