Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Finds #3

Friday Finds is a book meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s a chance to share and show off the books you discovered during the week and would like to add to your reading list. Or simply feature the books you've actually purchased throughout the week and have added to your to be read pile!

 This week, I've added a coffee table book to my wishlist. The book is titled Dali's Mustache by Salvador Dali & Philippe Halsman.

I think Salvador Dali's art work is very cool! I've enjoyed his art work for over 20 years now ever since taking an art appreciation class in college.

In 2008, I even had the opportunity to visit the Dali Museum in St. Petersberg, Florida with my husband. What a wonderful experience to see his original art work in person verses photographs in a book! A docent guided tour of the collection, gave me a whole new perspective on Salvador Dali's talent.

I am also slowly becoming familiar with famed photographer,
Philippe Halsman's work.

So, which new books have you added to your wishlist or to be read pile?

No comments:

Post a Comment